TAKE PROMPT ACTION: The first step is to clean with a disinfectant cleaner to prevent mold and mildew from starting. Any anti-bacterial soap will do, such as anti-bacterial dish or hand soap. Do this while it's still wet to avoid redampening it later. Then get it thoroughly dried out as soon as possible. Force dry with fans on it and let them blow for 3 to 4 days. Get items off of any damp surfaces. Turn chairs upside down on top of tables; put out in sunlight while weather permits. It can take up to thirty days for the full effects to be seen. The most common damage is to leg tips which are often a toned finish that will flake and lift from water damage. Also, glue seams tend to split or seep glue.